Here are some fun tips to get you moving towards your fundraising goal! Get creatiVe and have some FUN!
- Set Your Goals High! While we don't have a set minimum, give yourself an easy goal of $100 or higher! This does not have to be the ceiling for your personal goal; when considering your fundraising goal, set your sights high. We know with the right effort you will not only reach your minimum but surpass it!
- Use Your Personal Page. After you register for the Gran Fondo Jasper login and personalize your individual webpage. In your participant centre you can tell your story, explain why you are participating, post a photo, and accept pledges. Using the link to your personal page is an easy way to direct people to your fundraising efforts and keep them up to date on all of your progress and training.
- Who Can You Ask? Take time and make a list of all the people you know- friends, family, neighbors, co-workers. Go through your address book and friend lists. Think about the people who have asked you for fundraising support before. Don’t leave anyone out. Once you have a list written, write the method by which you will contact each person for a donation. This can include an email, a letter, a fundraising party, or a face-to-face meeting. It is helpful to take some time to write down several things you think will have the most impact with the person you are going to approach. Give them background on your personal motivation, why you’re involved and why it’s worth their time to be involved and donate. It’s all about making them feel empowered about making a difference — big or small.
- Spread The Word! Get the word out about What's Your Wild? Include a link to your “Personal Page” in your email signature. Post a note or link to Gran Fondo Jasper on Facebook, take time to explain the importance of Gran Fondo Jasper to friends so they can help you solicit others for gifts.
- Track Your Progress. Use the on-line follow-up tool on your personal page to keep track of your donors so you know who to follow-up with and who to thank. This is a great tool to keep you organized and on target.
- Follow-Up & Thank Donors. After you have initially contacted people, it is important to follow-up. People these days are busy and are often asked to donate. By making a real effort to get in contact with people, they will know you are serious about this event and cause. Making follow-up phone calls will dramatically improve your fundraising progress.
- Use Social Media. You'll be surprised at how a request for donation with a direct link to your fundraising page can bring in money. Use status updates on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to send out your message. Be sure to use a direct link to make it easier for your donors. It's a great way to promote your involvement in Gran Fondo Jasper but don't overload. You don't want to annoy your friends! Share the message frequently enough so you know a good portion of your friends have seen your status, but not so much that they have seen it 100 times each.